Many countries in the world including Indonesia choose tourism, as their leading sector to produce foreign exchange revenue because tourism is believed to become the biggest service industry in the world.
The 21st century popularly known as “the Awakening Century of Asia-Pacific Region” drives the Indonesian tourism to face severe competition market against other countries in ASEAN region having the same objectives. One of the endeavours that should be performed continuously to boost the tourism growth is promotion.
The most effective means of promotion is mass media, either of print or electronic.
BALI TRAVEL NEWS
Bali Travel News denotes a tourist publication in the tabloid format published by Bali Post Media Group and first distributed on 4 December 1998 in 2 (two) versions:
- Print version, distributed every Friday—twice a month (biweekly), published in two language editions:
- Bali Travel News—English edition.
- Image—Indonesian edition.
- Electronic version or web with the address at: http://www.bali-travelnews.com
Bali Travel News (English and Japanese Edition)
- With the existing sections such as: Cover Story, Reader’s Letters, Opinion, Balinese Life, Food & Beverage, Who’s Who, Looking Back at your activity, Balinese Horoscope, General Information, Gallery, Sport & Recreation, Our Guest, it is more directed to the mission of positive publication and promotion.
Image (Bali Travel News in Bahasa Indonesia Edition)
- With the existing sections such as Bali Update, Art & Culture Dialogue, Save Our Destinations, Entertainment Corner and so forth, this edition is expected to become a means of public education in tourism sector, apart from serving as information provider, controlling tool and entertainment medium as mandated in the main function as press institution.
Bali Travel News Online
- In this globalization era today, the competition occurs very tightly in several sectors, including in tourism industry. One of the smartest ways to reach the market access is by mastering the information technology, especially the Internet (international network).
- Several products and services are informed through the Internet popularly known as online advertisement.
- Bali Travel News (BTN) carries some interesting sections about the art and cultural activities, and Balinese community related to tourism. BTN can be accessed all over the world through BTN Online at website address: http://www.bali-travelnews.com.
- An amazing fact is that up to the beginning of 2005, BTN Online had been accessed by over 100 countries in the world with an average of 500 unique visits per day as loyal readers. One thing that makes proud is that most visitors were from overseas such as Japan, Australia, England, the Netherlands, the United States and other European countries.
- It is truly effective to promote Bali tourism in particular and Indonesia in general because the readers of BTN Online are not only foreign tourists but also foreign businesspeople.
- BTN Online can be accessed easily and promptly. Just by typing keywords like bali travel, bali news or bali travel news, BTN Online will be found at top of the page on the search engines such as Google, Yahoo, AltaVista and others. These three search engines are considered the most popular on the Internet.
BTN Online is equipped with Extreme Tracking to know objectively and transparently the number of visitors, country of origin and rank in their visit.
- Main readers are foreign tourists visiting Bali and expatriates
- Tourism business people in Bali making BTN as reference and effective promotional media
- Public and Students making BTN as reference and effective promotion media
- Bali Travel News printed 12.300 copies every issue, then will increasing if any event hold in Bali or other region
- News-stand rate: IDR 5,000 per copy
- Subscription (prepaid): 1) IDR 10,000 per month; 2) IDR 110,000 per year
- Simpatik Ads is B/W Ads package with minimal budget
- Simpatik Ads is B/W Ads package with minimal budget and denotes a promotional means for companies running the business in tourism sectors and other supporting business of tourism with the following rates:
- With IDR 600,000 /year is entitled to get a black and white (B/W) advertisement bonus sizing 1 column x 3 cm displaying the name, address and telephone number of the company. Get 2 copies Bali Travel News
- With IDR 1,200,000 /year is entitled to get a black and white (B/W) advertisement sizing 1 column x 5 cm and displaying the name, address, telephone and facsimile number, and e-mail address of the company. And 3copies Bali travel News
- With IDR 1,600,000/year is entitled to get a black and white (B/W) advertisement sizing 2 column x 5 cm and displaying the name, address, telephone and facsimile number, e-mail address, and logo of the company and get 5 copies Bali Travel News
- With IDR 2,800,000 year is entitled to get a colour advertisement sizing 2 column x 5 cm (especially on page 3 for 4 issues) and get 10 copies Bali Travel News
I. Advertisement’s Rate for Print Edition (Published Rate – Once Printed)
|No.||Ads Size||Ads Rates||Ads Format|
|Colour (per mm column) IDR||B/W (per mm column) IDR||Horizontal||
|12.000||8.000||Height (mm)||width (column)||Height(mm)||Width (column)|
|5||2 column x 5 cm||1.200.000||750.000||50||2||120||1|
|6||1 column x 5 cm||600.000||400.000||50||1||50||1|
|7||Line ads||18.000/lines||Minimum 2 lines|
II. Special Packages
|Ads Sizes (F/C)||1 x issue (IDR)||2 Months(4 x issues)
|3 Months(6 x issues)
|4 Months(8 x issues)
|6 Months(12 x issues)
|1 column x 5 cm||600.000||1.400.000||1.800.000||2.000.000||2.520.000|
|2 column x 5 cm||1.200.000||2.900.000||3.750.000||4.200.000||5.800.000|
Rates of Bali Travel News’ Advertorial (English Edition)
- 1 page: IDR 7,500,000
- ½ page: IDR 4,000,000
- ¼ page: IDR 2,500,000
- 1/8 page: IDR 1,750,000
Rates of Image’s Advertorial (Indonesian Edition)
- 1 page: IDR 6,500,000
- ½ page: IDR 3,500,000
- ¼ page: IDR 2,000,000
- 1/8 page: IDR 1,500,000
- For company having website:Banner Ads—displaying the name/logo of the company with external link (can be linked to the client’s website), as follows:
- BTN Online For company having website:
No Sizes(Pixels) DisplayPosition TARIFF 6 Months 1 years 1 132 X 411 pixels ( Link Top Left 1.800.000 3.000.000 2 130 X 151 pixels ( Link Centre Left 1.500.000 2.500.000 3 132 X 454 pixels ( Link Left below 2.100.000 3.500.000 4 1000 X 100 pixels ( Link) Top Centre 3.800.000 6.500.000 5 522 X 90 pixels (Link) Below Centre 3.000.000 5.250.000 6 800 X 600 pixels ( Link) Pop Up 6.000.000 10.000.000
For company having no website:
- Medium Ads: displaying the company’s profile along with the products marketed amounting to 3 pages at IDR 2,500,000 per year.
- Premiere Ads: displaying the company’s profile along with the products marketed amounting to 3 pages and internal link at IDR 3,500,000 per year.
- Premiere Plus Ads: displaying the company’s profile along with the products manufactured amounting to 5 pages and reservation form at IDR 5,500,000 per year.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Secretariat of Bali Travel News
c/o Gedung Bali Post 3Floor
Jalan Kepundung 67A Denpasar 80232
Tel: (0361) 249484-249485
Fax: (0361) 249486
Thank you for your kind attention and good cooperation.